If you have created many optional semester groups under a semester e.g Semester 1Optional Semester 1 Group A – Optional Semester 1 Group B etc. you are able to filter each group by Educational program. This will allow you to for example make courses in Optional Semester 1 Group A available only to certain educational programs. Let’s see how this works:
Follow the path: Dashboard > Configuration > Main Settings > Educational Programs > Curriculums > In-Line Actions button > Edit Structure > Add button > List of Groups (Figure 28).
- Click on the Filter by education button in the line of Optional Semester 1 Group A.
- Program option: Select from which educational program e.g Masters in Business Administration, students will be able to enroll in courses from the Optional Semester 1 Group A.
- Specialization option: this dropdown is filtered based on the educational program you have chosen previously. Select from which specialization e.g MSc in Human Resources Management, students will be able to enroll in courses from the Optional Semester 1 Group A.
- Semester option: choose the semester that corresponds with the educational program e.g semester 1.
- Allow online enrollments checkbox: if this checkbox is ticked then the courses from Optional Semester 1 Group A will be available for online enrollments by students from the selected educational program and semester.
- Enroll courses with failure checkbox: If this checkbox is ticked then, students who have failed a course from Optional Semester 1 Group A will be able to enroll in that course even if they are in a later semester e.g students from semester 4 can re-enroll in a course they took and failed from an earlier semester 1, for this to be possible the selected semester must be semester 4 and this checkbox must be checked. For this option to be available to more semesters you would need to add them individually (Figure 29a).
- Repeat process for each group/semester courses e.g Optional Semester 1 Group B etc.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to save filtering by Educational Program.
General Note: Terms used in curriculums may differ according to the Customization of Terminology used by different institutions.