Course Categories are groupings of courses with certain properties that help in the proper function of curriculums. You can create course categories from the system dropdown list course categories.
To create course categories, follow the path: Dashboard > Configuration > Main Settings > Dropdown lists > System > Course Categories +Add New.
Course Category Properties are defined in the Curriculums page for each individual curriculum.
To reach Course Category Properties page follow the path: Dashboard > Configuration > Main Settings > Educational Program > CurriculumsIn-line actions button > Course Category Properties (Figure 30).
- Click on the in-line actions button and then on the Course Categories Properties button.
- Once you click on the Course Category Properties you will see the following popup window (Figure 31).
- In this popup window, you will be able to add course categories that you wish your curriculum to use.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button. Once you do, a dropdown list of course categories will be added to the current popup window (Figure 32).
- After clicking on the add button twice you will see two lines appear with dropdown lists of course categories.
- Click on the dropdown lists and choose course categories you wish to apply to this curriculum.
- At this point, you can only choose the categories and click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Once you have saved and the window has closed, re-open Course Categories Properties (Figure 33).
- Now you have re-opened the Course Categories Properties page, you will see that there are editable fields available for you to fill in.
- For each course category, you need to define how many hours, credits or courses total are needed to be complete for courses in each category e.g Students need to earn 50 total credits to complete compulsory category course requirements for the student to progress in the curriculum or to graduate. This is also connected to Annual Results.
- Once you have filled in all the applicable properties, click on the ‘Save’ button.
Note: Location of Course Category Dropdown list (Figure 34).