To succeed in a course, attendance is usually mandatory and only a specific number of absences is allowed.
With Classter you can notify students (and/or their parents) when this absences limit is met.
Logged in as an Admin, navigate to Advanced Configuration > Notification Service Configuration. (Figure 1)
In the next screen, click on the “+Add New” button. (Figure 2)
In the pop-up window, follow the next steps:
- First, you need to make sure that the notification service is enabled.
- Choose the notification type, in this case “Total Absences Notification”.
- Set the Comparison Number, for example 20, which means that if a student reaches 20 absences the notification will be sent.
- Select the Recipients.
- Select the Template to be used.
- (Optional) Choose the Template for internal communication.
- Select the Partner Template.
- In the “Notification Recurrence” field, we define how many times the notification will be sent.
- Select how the notification is to be sent (e.g., E-mail/SMS).
- When ready, click on “Save”
Your notification regarding the absences limit is ready. (Figure 4)
For more in-depth information about the Automatic Notification Service, check the “How can I send automatic notifications” manual.