Watch the how-to video
From the Classes/Groups option from the main menu you can begin setting up classes/groups. Follow the path: DashboardManagementClassesManage Classes (Figure 34).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 34):
- On this page, you can see all the existing classes.
- To create a new class/group you will need to click on the ‘+Create New’ button.
- Once you have clicked on the create new button you will be transferred to the creation page (Figure 35).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 35):
- Use ‘Description’ to enter classes’ short name e.g. Y4.
- Use ‘Full Description’ to enter classes’ full name e.g. Y3 Music Advanced.
- Select if the class will be ‘Active’ i.e. available for students to enroll to.
- Define the ‘Start’ and ‘End Date’ of the class e.g. from 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018.
- Select the group’s ‘Color’ e.g. cornflower blue; this will be the color that the group will be presented in the timetable or elsewhere.
- Select the ‘Year’ e.g. Year 4.
- Select the ‘Class Type’ e.g. Main; the class type indicates if it is the main class or foreign languages, projects class etc.
- Select the ‘Previous Class’ e.g. Y3 Music Advanced; the student has to have passed all the subjects of the previous class in order to be able to enroll in the current class.
- Select ‘Classroom’ e.g. Senior Room 5: 28, which is the name of the classroom followed by the code of the Institute i.e. 28.
- Select ‘Supervisor’ e.g. Elaine Borg; she/he is responsible for the group i.e. write comments about the classes’ performance or state any incidents, approve assessments’/assignments’ content etc.
- Select ‘Second Supervisor’ e.g. Formosa Denzel; for example, he/she might be selected for assessments’/assignments’ 2nd marking.
On this screen you will see the following (Figure 36):
- Define the ‘Students limit’ e.g. 30 which is the maximum number of students that can be enrolled in the class.
- Define the ‘Absence Limit’ e.g. 100 which is the maximum total absences allowed to the class students.
- Define the ‘Unauthorized Absence Limit’ e.g. 18 which is the maximum unauthorized absences allowed to the classes’ students.
- Enter ‘External Timetable Code’ if you have set a timetable for the class in a third-party application and you want to import it in to Classter.
- Enter ‘External Class Name’ if you have classes’ basic info in a third-party application and you want to import it in to Classter.
- Use the ‘Comments’ text box to enter any special comments about the class.
- Activate the ‘Enable cross institute teaching’ in order to make the class available for enrollment to students of other institutes.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to save changes and continue with the next tab or another class.
On this page you will see the following (Figure 37):
- Click on the subject’s ON/OFF button to activate/deactivate the subject’s availability at the class/group.
Note: If you want to activate/deactivate all subjects, click on the ON/OFF button of the column title ‘Subject’
- Click on the ‘Enroll Subjects’ button to enroll subjects of another year and/or program to the class/group (Figure 38).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 39):
- Here you can enable the addition of this class into the financial module.
- Add the primary and secondary prices for enrolling in this class.
- Click on ‘Save’ and continue to the next tab.