In this tab you can upload entities in mass. These entities may be Students, Teachers, Financial Arrangements or Timetables. You can upload these entities by uploading Excel files. It is a quick process that saves you a lot of time since each institution may have hundreds or thousands of Students, Teachers or Arrangements. To reach this page you need to follow the path: Dashboard > Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Mass Imports/Actions tab (Figure 47).
Upload Students using an Excel File and Invite them to Classter
Students can be created manually on the Classter platform. The fastest way to get started though is to upload your student lists into Classter. This can be done by uploading an excel file. To initiate this process, you will need to follow the path: Dashboard > Configuration > Advanced Settings > Mass Imports/Actions (Figure 48).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 48):
- On this page you can make mass actions, upload Students, Teachers, Timetables or Financial Arrangements.
- In this case we will be looking at massively uploading students.
- Click on the Import Students button.
- Once you do, you will see the following popup window (Figure 49).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 49):
- First, edit the order of fields to match your excel file (if it’s necessary).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 50):
- Here you can find the fields regarding students that are needed by the Classter platform.
- Set the order of the fields based on the columns you have in your excel file e.g First Name 1, Last Name 2 etc.
- You can choose the fields that correspond to the information you have on your excel spreadsheet. The fields with red asterisks next to them are required fields and you must have that information in the excel sheet.
- Organize your excel sheet like you see in Figure 51.
- Organize your excel sheet in this way (Figure 51) and then click on the Verify Data button (Figure 50).
- If your data are in the correct form you will be able to see the following preview (Figure 52).
Figure Figure 52
- *If there is a problem in the alignment with the excel sheet, you will see a preview with red frames (Figure 53).
Once you have aligned the data between Classter and your excel sheet, you can proceed to upload the excel file to Classter (Figure 54).
Click on the ‘Choose File’ button (Figure 54) and you will see a popup window (Figure 55).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 55):
- When you are ready, you can upload your excel file
- Choose the file ‘Student List 2019-2020’.
- Click on open to select the file
- The excel file has been verified, selected and now you can click on the Import Data button to complete the process (Figure 56).
Invite Students to Log in
You have uploaded your students and it is time to notify them and provide them with sign in credentials! This process is done through the user accounts page. Follow the path: DashboardManagementUser Accounts (Figure 57).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 57):
- From the Search Filters select the User Type ‘Students’.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button to load the results in the list.
- Now you can view all the institutions students.
- Select all the students you have previously imported, by clicking on the select all button (Figure 58).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 58):
- Once you have selected all the students, click on the bulk actions button and from the dropdown list click on the ‘Send Initial Invitation’ button.
The email that is sent to students contains a welcome message and the student’s credentials (username and password) so they may enter the Classter Portal (Figure 59).