Watch the How-to Video
Mass Import Students with Excel Files
Students can be created manually on the Classter platform. The fastest way to get started though is to upload your student lists into Classter. This can be done by uploading an excel file. To initiate this process, you will need to follow the path: Dashboard>Configuration>Advanced Settings>Mass Imports/Actions (Figure 40).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 40):
- On this page, you can make mass actions, upload Students, Teachers, Timetables or Financial Arrangements.
- In this case, we will be looking at massively uploading students.
- Click on the Import Students button.
- Once you do, you will see the following popup window (Figure 41).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 41):
- First, edit the order of fields to match your excel file (if it’s necessary).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 42):
- Here you can find the fields regarding students that are needed by the Classter platform.
- Set the order of the fields based on the columns you have in your excel file e.g First Name 1, Last Name 2 etc.
- You can choose the fields that correspond to the information you have on your excel spreadsheet. The fields with red asterisks next to them are required fields and you must have that information in the excel sheet.
- Organize your excel sheet like you see in figure 43.
- Organize your excel sheet in this way (Figure 43) and then click on the Verify Data button (Figure 42).
- If your data are in the correct form you will be able to see the following preview (Figure 44).
- *If there is a problem in the alignment with the excel sheet, you will see a preview with error signs (!) (Figure 45).
Once you have aligned the data between Classter and your excel sheet, you can proceed to upload the excel file to Classter.
Click on the ‘Choose File’ button (Figure 46) and you will see a popup window (Figure 47).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 47):
- When you are ready, you can upload your excel file
- Choose the file ‘Student List 2019-2020’.
- Click on open to select the file
- The excel file has been verified, selected and now you can click on the Import Data button to complete the process (Figure 48).
Invite Students to Log in
You have uploaded your students and it is time to notify them and provide them with sign in credentials! This process is done through the user accounts page. Follow the path: DashboardManagementUser Accounts (Figure 49).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 49):
- From the Search Filters select the User Type ‘Students’.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button to load the results in the list.
- Now you can view all the institution’s students.
- Select all the students you have previously imported, by clicking on the select all button (Figure 50).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 50):
- Once you have selected all the students, click on the bulk actions button and from the dropdown list click on the ‘Send Initial Invitation’ button.
The email that is sent to students contains a welcome message and the student’s credentials (username and password) so they may enter the Classter Portal (Figure 51).
Figure 51 Sample Invitation Email