Watch the How-to Video
Sometimes when a student tries to log into their account; they may encounter the following (Figure 1):
If your students are encountering this screen when logging into the Classter platform it is not due to wrong credentials but due to the absence of a user “Role” (Figure 1).
To sort this problem out, you need to add a “Student” user role to that student (Admin Portal).
Note: This goes for the web and mobile app.
To fix this issue you need to go to the User Accounts page. To reach this page please follow the path: Dashboard>Management>User Accounts (Figure 2).
On this page you do the following:
- Select from the “User Types” filter the type of user you are looking for in this case Students.
- Select from the “Roles” filter the specific user role you are looking for e.g blank as the students you are looking for do not have roles yet.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- From the list of users (Students) that appears, click on the in-line “Actions” button next to the users’ name.
- From the in-line actions button dropdown, click on “Manage Roles/Periods”.
Once you click on the “Manage Roles/Periods” button, you will see the following (Figure 3).
In the pop-up window do the following:
- Select the academic period in which you want to add a role for the student e.g Year 2019-2020.
- Click on the “+Add Period” Button.
- You will see the academic period appear underneath. From the dropdown button next to the academic period choose a role for the user. In this case Student.
- Click on the “Save” button to save the user role for the specified academic period.