Watch the How-to Video
The starting point for all activities will be the Classter Dashboard page (Figure 1).
On this screen you can see the following (Figure 1):
- Here you can view your calendar of events, classes, exams, assessments etc.
- You can view the number of active Students, Classes, and Teachers.
- You can search for Students, Teachers, Relatives and Employees.
- Use quick action buttons to create students or teachers, view messages, user accounts, and attendances.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you can view the User Actions Menu. Change, Institute, Academic Period, Language, view and send messages from the message center, view announcements, use quick actions menu, and manage your profile.
- On the left side of the screen, you can use the main menu to navigate through all the existing sections of the platform.
If you click on the Manage Profile dropdown list, you will find (Figure 1a):
- My Profile page link: You can add a photo, manage personal info and security settings.
- Manuals & Videos page link: You will be able to find user manuals and videos to help you familiarize yourself with Classter and its functions and features.
- How – to page link: Here you will find useful articles about how-to execute various operations through Classter Portal.
- Support (Ticketing System) page link: Here you can submit tickets to our support team so they may assist you with any issue you may have. This feature is available only if you have purchased the support option from Classter.
- My License page link: On this page, you will be able to see the license activation for your Classter account and view other available licenses. You will see the Free edition or Paid edition license.
Follow the path: DashboardConfigurationMain SettingsMy Institute (Figure 2).
On this screen you can see the following (Figure 2a):
- Upload your institutions logo (Process described in the end of this section).
- Name field: enter your institution’s name e.g St.Nicolas.
- Title field: enter your institutional title e.g St.Nicolas.
- Description field: enter a description for your institution e.g St.Nicolas Primary School.
- Address field: enter your institution’s address e.g 55 Sesame street.
- Address 2 field: enter your institutions alternative address if applicable.
- Address 3 field: enter your institution’s alternative address if applicable.
- City option: choose your city e.g Kavala.
- P.O Box field: enter your P.O number or choose by clicking on the map button next to the field.
- Phone field: here you can enter your institution’s phone number e.g 2106785443.
- Mobile Phone field: here you can enter your institution’s mobile phone number e.g if applicable to your institution 6943750034.
- Fax field: enter your institution’s Fax number e.g 2143254456.
- Geographical area option: choose your institution’s location/area e.g District 9.
- Director field: enter the name of the institution’s director e.g Jim Beam.
- Email field: enter the institution’s email address e.g firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Site field: enter the institution’s website address e.g www.stnicolas.com.
- Currency option: choose the currency your institution operates with e.g Euro.
- Locale option: enter your country e.g Greece.
- Admission Authority field: enter the institution or organization responsible for Admissions administration/management.
- Highest NCY (National Curriculum Year) field: Enter the highest curriculum year, in the case of a K12 School the answer is 12.
- Lowest NYC (National Curriculum Year) field: Enter the lowest curriculum year, in the case of a K12 School the answer is 1.
- Governance field: enter the organization or ministry that oversees your Academic Institution.
- Ministry ID field: enter the institution’s Ministry Id (if applicable).
- Institute Registration Number field: enter your institution’s registration number.
- Co-education switch: if your institution is part of a greater organization of institutions and you offer education in co-operation with other institutions turn this switch on.
- Enable admission switch: turn this switch on to enable the admissions process for this institution. This option enables the Functional Type option.
- Franchise switch: switch this on if your institution is a franchise of another institution.
- Functional Type option: this option is enabled when you have turned on the enable admissions switch. By choosing a functional type you define a role for your institution e.g Normal or Admission (this makes the institution an admissions entity for managing applications only).
- Institute Type option: here you may choose to enter what type of institution this is e.g K12 – General.
- Tax ID field: enter your tax id.
- Tax Office option: choose the tax office that is responsible for your institution.
Entering your Institutions Logo (Figure 3):
- Click on the upload button (pointed out by red arrow), language for this function depends on your windows or other operating systems language settings (Figure 4).
- Once you have clicked on the upload file button you will see a popup window asking you to choose a file to upload (Figure 4) Note: File size cannot exceed 10MB.
- Click on the file you want and then click on the open button (Red arrows). Note: Language depends on your windows language (Figure 4).
You can see the logo has changed on the page and in the Dashboard (Figure 5).
Once you have filled in the information you must click on the ‘save’ button to save the information entered.
Create New Institute
Creating a new institute is an easy process. Click on the ‘+Create New’ button (Figure 6) to open the creation page (Figure 7). Note: Cross Institutional Management is not Available on Classter Free Edition, you can only create many unrelated institutions.
- Click on the ‘Create New’ button.
- You will be transferred to the creation page (Figure 7).
On this screen you can see the following (Figure 7):
- You can choose an existing Institute as a template for your new institute. Select an institute from the dropdown box.
- Enter a Domain name e.g the new institutes name St.Peter
- Enter a title for your new institution e.g St.Peter High School.
- Click on the Active check box to make this new Institution Active.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to create the new institution.
- It may take a couple of minutes to be generated but it will appear in the change institution dropdown button (Figure 8).
General Note: All fields or options with a red asterisk next to them are mandatory fields or options. If you do not fill them in, you will be unable to save your creations or edits.
Creating Academic Periods
Academic periods can be created according to the needs of each institution. In general, it is good to keep all educational activities within the academic period, but it is not restricted. You can create an Academic Period for the year e.g 2020-2021, you can create shorter academic periods for half a year or per semester (4 months). You may create the academic periods to your institution’s exact specifications, you must
In this section, we will be seeing how we can create academic periods. These are the academic terms that your institution operates in. You can create them according to your individual institution’s needs. To reach this page please follow the path: DashboardConfigurationMain SettingsAcademic Periods (Figure 9).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 9):
- View academic periods in a Card or Grid view by clicking on the View button and choosing either option.
- You can filter periods from the Status dropdown button e.g active or inactive.
- From the search field, you may locate the period you wish to change.
- Click on the +Create New button to create a new academic period.
- By clicking on the period card, you can edit it.
- Click on the refresh button to refresh the page.
Create a New Academic Period
Once you click on the create a new button, you will be transferred to the creation page (Figure 10).
On this page you will see the following (Figure 10):
- Description field: here you must enter the description of the period e.g Year 2020-2021.
- Active Switch: if this switch is turned on then you will be able to make this period available for use in institution planning.
- Enable Period for All (Parents, Students, Teachers) switch: If you switch tis option on then you will make the contents and the period available to the parent, student and teacher portals.
- Default switch: if you turn this switch on the period you create will be the default academic period users will see and the institution will use.
- Start Date field: Enter the start date for this academic period e.g 20.01.2020.
- End Date field: Enter the end date for this academic period e.g 20.01.2021.
- Weeks field: Enter the number of weeks contained in this academic period.
- Months field: Enter the number of months contained in this academic period
- Copy data from period option: this option copies the data from previous periods to this one. The data that is copied is Teachers, Settings, Classes, Subjects and enrolment’s. Students are not copied this way.
Once you are done click on the ‘Save’ button to save changes.